Friday, June 13, 2014

Huckleberry Hill by Jennifer Beckstrand - Review of the first book in The Matchmakers Of Huckleberry Hill



BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
Lia Shetler is resigned to being a spinster. She's too tall and sturdy to ever be marriageable--so says her overbearing dat. Instead, she's helping her pretty, spoiled sister Rachel secure the perfect husband--the Helmuths' grandson, Moses Zimmerman. But the more Lia sees of Moses' gently teasing ways and quiet understanding, the more she wishes he could be hers alone...

Moses knew his grandparents couldn't resist trying to find him a wife. But he never expected it would be the graceful, sensible Lia--a woman who is tall enough to look him in the eye, and honest enough to make him question a promise holding him to his past. Now both will need the kind of miracles only faith and courage can bring to finally reach for a lifetime of happiness...

MY  REVIEW
I've had this book for a while and kept passing it up when I would look at my stacks and shelves of books to read, and now I am very sorry for that. While reading Jennifer's book I found myself laughing, crying and really really angry all the way through to then end, from one emotion to another. I must say that this is one of the best books I've read in a while and I'm really looking forward to reading "Huckleberry Summer", already out, and "Huckleberry Christmas" due to be out in October, then "Huckleberry Spring" should be out in February, 2015. I would like to encourage you to get a copy of this book, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Fantastic job Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment