Monday, August 10, 2015

Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot - Review of the first book in the Texas Dreams Trilogy series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
Her future stretched out like the clear blue Texas sky.

But a storm is coming.

Leaving the past behind in Philadelphia, mail-order bride Sarah Dobbs arrives in San Antonio ready to greet her groom--a man she has never met but whose letters, her paper roses, have won her heart from afar. But there is a problem--Austin Canfield is dead, and Sarah cannot go back East.

As Sarah tries to reconcile herself to a future that is drastically changed, Austin's brother Clay wants nothing more than to shake the Texas dust from his boots, but first he must find his brother's killer. And then there's Sarah.

Something is blooming out in the vast Texas landscape that neither Clay nor Sarah is ready to admit, and the promise of redemption blows like a gentle breeze through the prairie grasses.
(copied from Amazon.com)


MY  REVIEW
I love the song "Paper Roses" so this title naturally pulled me to get this book, and I must say that I enjoyed the book as much as I do the song, two completely different 'stories' though. Well maybe if I do a little finagling there may be something kind of similar, let's see if you can figure it out. I am looking forward to reading the next two books in this series and I also have my eye on The Westward Winds series.

No comments:

Post a Comment