Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Road Home by Patrick E Craig - Review of the second book in the Apple Creek Dreams series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(copied from Amazon.com)
Author Patrick Craig continues the story of Jenny Springer, the child rescued in "A Quilt for Jenna" with a story of reconciliation and healing. Jenny Springer is the local historian for the Amish community in Apple Creek, Ohio. As a child, Jenny was rescued from a terrible snowstorm, and when no trace of her parents could be found, the Springer family adopted her. Since then she has had a burning desire in her heart to find out who she really is. When a drifter, John Hershberger, comes to town looking for his own roots, Jenny gets serious in her search for her long-lost parents. As she opens doors to her past, she finds the truly surprising answer to her deepest questions. And as John discovers the story of his own heritage, his growing love for Jenny causes him to reexamine his lifelong atheism. In doing so he discovers his need for a real home, a family, and a relationship with God.


MY  REVIEW
This book kept me pulled into the story so much more than the first one, I could hardly put it down. Patrick did a great job of making me feel as if I were experiencing the emotions of the characters yourself, I found myself cringing at times, happy at times and near tears other times.  I liked the first book but didn't care for the style it was written but knew I would read the other books in the series and am so glad I did, a huge improvement as far as I was concerned. He also makes you think about your faith and how you may be interpreting the Bible, he expresses a deep faith in this book. Ok, onto the next book, "Jenny's Choice", in a few days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment