Monday, October 19, 2015

Jenny's Choice by Patrick E Craig - review of the thrid book in the Apple Creek Dreams series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(taken from Amazon.com)

In the concluding novel to the Apple Creek Dreams series, Johathan and Jenny Hershberger are happily settled in Paradise, Pennsylvania on the farm Jenny inherited from her grandfather. but when a tragic accident takes Johathan's life, Jenny and her young daughter, Rachel, return home to Apple Creek, Ohio to live with her adoptive parents, Reuben and Jerusha Springer.

As Jenny works through her grief and despair, she discovers she has a gift for writing. A handsome young publisher discovers her work and, after the publication of her first book, Jenny is on the verge of worldly success and possible romance.

But when a conflict arises with the elders of her church, Jenny must ask herself how far she's willing to go to pursue her dreams.

A touching story of devotion and triumph over adversity.


MY REVIEW

I started out liking this series, just not quite sure about it. After the second book I was enjoying it and now that I finished the final, I will say that the series was really good. It's not that I didn't like the story but the first book had a lot of flashbacks and I wanted to read more about what was happening 'now'. I understand that you need to know about the past sometimes so you understand what is going on and why, so it was okay.

This third book was very good and I wanted another book in the series, I was sad to see it end. When I got to looking at "The Amish Heiress" in the Paradise Chronicles series, I see that I get go on with characters in this series, thank you Patrick for letting me read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment