Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Falling to Pieces by Vannetta Chapman - Review of the first book in the Shipshewana Amish Mystery series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
Not your usual Amish buggy ride!
Deborah Yoder needs to sell her quilts. Callie Harper has reluctantly inherited her aunt's quilting store. Deborah is Amish, tall, and hearty, the married mother of five. Callie is English,petite, young, and single. They form an unlikely partnership when Deborah reveals her plan to auction her quilts ... online ... in a town where few residents even have electricity.

In the tiny community of Shipshewana, what could be more implausible?

A murder.

And when circumstances and a relentless detective point to a surprising prime suspect, Deborah and Callie set aside their differences and work together in an attempt to solve the mystery and catch a killer.

In Falling to Pieces, the first in a three-book series, author Vannetta Chapman blends the best components of Amish fiction with a great who-done-it twist. You'll be glad she did.

Two women, an auction, a dead body, and one friendship quilt. Shipshewana will never be the same.


MY  REVIEW
I have had this book for a while, as well as the second one, as I love Vannetta's books I thought I had already read them, but NOPE, I hadn't!!! Well I am sorry I waited so long to get around to them, better yet I thought I'd already posted my review, but NOPE to that too! This was a great example of the Englisch and Amish living together and becoming great friends and able to work together whether it be in normal everyday life or when things pop up to bring a little 'thrill' into life. Thrill as in solving a very serious, as in deadly, mystery. Yep, another winner for Vannetta.

No comments:

Post a Comment