Monday, September 30, 2013

Katie's Forever Promise by Jerry S Eicher - Review of the third book in Emma Raber's Daughter series



Katie Raber's life is looking promising, she is the new teacher, Ben is out of her life, and Norman Kuntz is taking her home from the singings on Sunday's. She even feels like things are getting better with Mabel, her new sister, but she shouldn't plan on too bright of a future.

Ben gets shot on his first day home from jail and they don't think he'll live so at the request of his parents she visits him while he's unconscious and his mother is there the whole time. The community finds out about it and some are out to make trouble for her. She's finding out that Norman has a dark side and between him and Mabel things get worse and she soon loses her teaching job, in the middle of the year, they don't even wait for the school year to be over before firing her.

Jerry did a great job on this book, there are a lot of things going on and, again, I found I was putting myself in Katie's position and wondering what I would do. I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut as well as she did. Katie pushes on and moves forward with her life with as positive an attitude as she can have in her situation. Amish book lovers will really enjoy this series.

Thank you to Harvest House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment