Monday, June 29, 2015

Books Can Be Deceiving by Jenn McKinlay - Review of the first book in the Library Lover's Mystery series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
What is the only word in the English language that ends in -mt?

Answering tricky reference questions like this one is more than enough excitement for recently single librarian Lindsey Norris. That is until someone in her coy new hometown of Brian Creek, Connecticut, commits murder, and the most pressing question is whodunit...

Lindsey is just getting into her groove as the director of the Briar Creek Public Library when a vacationing New York editor brings a little buzz to the small town. It's the perfect chance for her friend Beth to sell the children's book she's written. Unfortunately, Beth's boyfriend, Rick, a famous author and local celebrity, tries to stop her. When Lindsey and Beth meet the editor, they uncover the real reason for Rick's bad attitude...

They go to confront Rick at his house on the storied and mysterious Thumb Islands, only to find him murdered. The local chief of police likes Beth for the murderer and isn't interested in looking elsewhere. Now Lindsey has to act fast before they throw the book at the wrong person...


MY  REVIEW
The cozy mystery titles really make me want to read them, they are such catchy titles, but the one series I tried, I just could not get into it. I read two books but no more. My daughter gave me this book and I enjoyed it much more. I am looking forward to reading the next one in the series to see if it will pull me into the 'cozy mystery phase'. So, yes this was a positive experience for me so far, looking forward to reading "Due or Die".

No comments:

Post a Comment