Sunday, October 2, 2016

Southern Peach Pie and a Dead Guy by A. Gardner - Review of the first book in the Poppy Peters Mystery series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(taken from Amazon.com)
After an injury derails Poppy Peters' ballet career, she gathers the courage to follow in her grandmother's footsteps and attend Calle Pastry Academy in a small-town Georgia. Poppy has her work cut out for her not only fitting in with her charming (and not-so-charming) Southern classmates but also proving her worth to her teachers after her first publicly humiliating attempt a making the school's famous peach pie. But Poppy's pastry problems to from bad to worse when she's suddenly accused of stealing expensive black truffles, and her attempt to clear her name goes awry...resulting in the missing truffles and track down a killer, all while honing her baking skills to compete in the school's dessert competition for a coveted pastry internship in Paris. Can Poppy prove she's one tough cookie? Or is her life about to crumble?

**Recipes included**


MY  REVIEW
This book had a slow start for me, it just could not hold my interest for some reason. I liked the story but at first it reminded me of being in school again, like junior high or high school. It picked up a little but I still did not have a problem putting the book down to do other things. Maybe it was me and I was not in the mood for a cozy mystery at this time, I don't know. I will probably try another book in the series to see how it goes, but that has to be down the road as I have some other commitments right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment