Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Courtship Basket by Amy Clipston - Review of the second book in An Amish Heirloom series


BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(copied from Amazon.com)
Years ago, a picnic basket brought two hearts together. For Rachel and Mike, history may be about to repeat itself.

Rachel fisher is devastated when the young man she's loved for years leaves her to date her best friend. Her heart is broken, and she has all but given up on love. Determined to keep her mind off the pain, she starts teaching at an Amish school for children with learning disabilities.

Since his father became ill, Mike Lantz has been overwhelmed with the responsibility of providing for his family and caring for his six-year-old brother, John. When John joins Rachel's class and she learn that his mother is deceased and his father sick, she desperately wants to help the family, even with something as simple as a meal.

With her parents' old picnic basket, Rachel begins sending food to the Lantz family. As the weeks to by, John's grades start to improve, and the attraction grows between Rachel and Mike. They can't deny that their friendship is growing toward something more, but both of them are hesitant to risk a more serious relationship.

The last thing Rachel wants is another heartbreak, and Mike is worried about providing for his loved ones. Will the two be able to reconcile their past hurts with new hope for the future?


MY  REVIEW
I received "The Cherished Quilt" (the third book in this series) as a gift and since I'd read the first book, "The Forgotten Recipe", I knew that I had to read this series in order. So, yes, I purchased this one for my Kindle so I could read it immediately, lol. I was not sorry, except for the fact that I had not gotten it sooner, Amy really pulls at the heartstrings for this story. I loved the story and I think you will find yourself shedding a few tears for Rachel and/or Mike. As I said, you really should read this series in order and I'm anxiously looking forward to reading the next book. I also see that there will be a fourth book, "The Beloved Hope Chest" due out May 17, 2017. Each one of the first two, and I'm guessing the third one too, seem to be 'attached' to the Hope Chest, so I am guessing we will get the story to pull these all together in a heartbreaking love story that has got to be fantastic and possibly a real tear jerker, can't wait! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment