Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Swept Away by Mary Connealy - Review of the first book in Trouble in Texas series



Luke Stone is on his way home to reclaim his ranch that was stolen by the man, and his hired gunman, who killed his father. He is getting close to home when he comes across a woman, Ruthy, in the middle of nowhere. He finds her hung up in a tree.

Ruthy, was taken in by the Reinhardt family when she was seven after her parents had died. She thought it was a blessing but soon found out they wanted her for more of a slave that they could abuse and force to marry their son, who tried to attack her so many times that she slept with a chair under the door handle and a butcher knife in her bed. When the Reinhardt's decided to move west she promised herself she'd get away from them or die trying, little did she know her 'escape' would be taken out of her hands.

Once Luke found Ruthy he couldn't leave her there to die so he loads her up on his horse and takes her with him to Broken Wheel, Texas. He knows he's facing a war once he gets there and will have to hide until the time is right to confront Flint Greer. What is he going to do with a woman who he doesn't even know, it's not fair to bring her into this situation, but what choice does he have.

WOW! That's about all I can say. Reading this book I felt like I was right in the middle of the action. What good writing Mary has done with this one. I've read many of Mary's books and I like every new book more than I liked the last one. I found it very hard to put this down so I could get some sleep.

I don't know what words to use to encourage you to run, don't walk, out and get this book. If you like good clean westerns, you'll love this one.

Thank you to Bethany House for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment