Sunday, October 20, 2013

An Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling - Review of the first book in Songs of Blessing series



Ingeborg Strand loves the summer when several members of her family spend time at the Strand seter. It is a very busy time for them but they have a lot of fun and the best part is being away from her mother. Ingeborg loves her mother but she is constantly being criticized and feels like her mother doesn't like her. It is so peaceful at the seter, except this year. When a stranger, Nils Aarvidson, is found almost dead by the river, Ingeborg being the oldest has to figure out a way to get him up the hill and to their cabin so she can try to save him. She doesn't plan on falling in love and when he returns to his family in Oslo, Nowray she feels in her heart that she'll never hear or see him again. Then she receives a couple of letters from Nils saying he's coming to visit after Christmas, he hasn't forgotten her after all.

I have read all of Lauraine's books, and there are many, about Ingeborg Bojorklund living in the Dakota Territory as well as two of her other series, I love her books. I enthusiastically picked up this book to read and was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed finding out about Ingeborg's life as a younger woman, how she learned to be such a strong woman and why she would go into her deep dark places in her mind. There will be three more books in this new series and, yes, I'm already anxious for them to be published so I can read them. I don't know any of the titles yet but will be watching for them.

If you have not read any of Lauraine's books I do encourage you to read them. I would not pass any of them up. Thank you Lauraine Snelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment