Monday, October 13, 2014

Joy on This Mountain by Vikki Kestell - Review of the third book in A Prairie Heritage series



BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(from Amazon.com)
Joy on This Mountain is the blazing sequel to the breakthrough historical novel, A Rose Blooms Twice. The year is 1908. The little town of Corinth, Colorado, lies in the gateway to the majestic Rocky Mountains just west of Denver . . . just far enough from the city to avoid close scrutiny, but close enough to be accessible. Few know of the wickedness hidden in the small town, so picturesquely set in the foothills of the mighty mountains.

Joy on This Mountain follows Jan and Rose's Thoresen's daughter, Joy, as she travels to Denver and onto Corinth, uncovering a wicked travesty and risking all to rescue those trapped in its snares. The legacy of Jan and Rose has far-reaching and unexpected consequences.


MY  REVIEW
What a wonderful book this was, not only did I get to enjoy more about the Thoresen's family, mainly Joy, but Vikki also brought in the Pinkerton Agency. I have read books with the Pinkerton Agency before and really enjoyed them, by combining the two I could not put this book down. Yes, I had to finish it quickly as I 'needed' to find out what would happen and could Joy do what she set out to do. This was SOOOOO much better for me than the second book, I am looking forward to reading the fourth book in the series, The Captive Within. I would highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment