Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Agent's Secret Past by Debby Giusti - Review of the sixth book in the Military Investigations series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
Eight years ago, a drifter destroyed Becca Miller's ties to her Amish community--and murdered her family. Now a special agent with Fort Rickman's criminal investigation department, Becca knows her past has caught up with her and doesn't want to relive it. She's convinced that the killer, who supposedly died years ago, is very much alive and after her. Special agent Colby Voss agrees to help her investigate. Yet the closer they get to the truth, the closer the killer gets to silencing her permanently.


MY  REVIEW
The Amish buggy on the cover caught my eye, little did I know that this was the sixth book in a series as I usually try to read a series in order. Yes, yes, I judge whether I want a book by its cover, then the title (those two kind of go hand in hand) and then the author, sometimes I read the blurb and sometimes I don't. Debby is also a new author for me and I can say that I did enjoy her writing as much as I enjoyed the story, great job!

Becca is a very strong character who doesn't want to depend on anyone but she may just have to do that. When she returns to the states as a special agent it isn't far from her hometown, when her new housing catches fire she starts seeing her nemesis, hearing her name called and becoming fearful, at least she thinks she is. I can't imagine living in that kind of fear, you will find yourself wanting to read this quickly to see if she is imagining things or if she should be in fear for her life.

So if you like Amish books and/or mysteries, I think you will enjoy this book. I also have the next book in the series, "Stranded" and yes, it also has an Amish buggy on the cover, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment