Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Off The Grid by Ruth Hartzler - Review of the first book in the Amish Safe House series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB
(taken from Amazon.com)
Kate Briggs is a U.S. Marshal who works in WITSEC, the federal witness protection program. After an attempt on her life, her boss sends her to live in a small Amish community until the mole is the agency is found. Will Kate, who is used to the ways of the world, be convincing as a sweet Amish woman?

When a murder is committed in the community, how will Kate assist the handsome police officer heading up the case without revealing her true identity?

And will Kate be able to leave behind her English ways as she finds herself off the grid in more ways than one?


MY  REVIEW
This was the first book that I've read by Ruth and it was very good, and also a pretty quick read. I enjoyed the story and it isn't over yet! How do you think you could handle living in an Amish community without knowing anything about how they live, act or even dress? Could you hide that you were really an 'Englischer' and having to learn their ways by watching them? I know I couldn't!

I think if you like Amish or mysteries, you will enjoy this book as much as I do. But a warning, you will have to read more to find out the end because this is a short book but you have to read the series evidently to find out what happens. I see two more books, this one I got for $.99, and so far the others are $2.99 each, this is for the Kindle and they are available in paperback at a higher price.

The only problem I had was that fact that there were many grammatical errors in the book. I am finding that this is a problem with most, not all, e-books and I feel it takes away from the smooth reading of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment