Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Silence of the Jams by Gayle Leeson - Review of the second book in A Down South Cafe Mystery series




BACK  OF  THE  BOOK  BLURB

SMALL-TOWN SOUTHERN CHEF AMY FLOWERS CAN'T TAKE HER FREEDOM FOR GRANTED WHEN SHE'S SERVED UP AS A MURDER SUSPECT....

It's Independence Day in Winter Garden, Virginia, and the residents are gearing up for their annual celebration. The Down South Cafe is open and flourishing and Amy Flowers is busy making pies and cakes for the holiday. The only thorn in her side is Chamber of Commerce director George Lincoln, who is trying to buy the cafe so he can tear it down and build a bed-and-breakfast on the site.

When George collapses while eating at the Down South Cafe, everybody assumes it's a heart attack--until the autopsy declares it to be poisoning. Now, it's up to Amy to prove her innocence before her liberty is lost.

INCLUDES DELICIOUS SOUTHERN RECIPES!


MY  REVIEW
I have not read the first book in this series, "The Calamity Cafe", yet but I will have to get a copy and do so. This was a good read, I will say that I thought I had the 'murderer' figured out before the end, and for once I was right, lol. Grab a copy for yourself and enjoy! OH, and there is a third book, "Honey-Baked Homicide", coming out in December so keep your eye out for that one too, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment