Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Outsider by Ann H Gabhart - Review

The Outsider
Shaker Series
by Ann H. Gabhart

I read this book a while back and it got me interested in reading more about the Shakers, I had heard of them but didn't know a lot about their "religion".  I found this way of life very strange.
Gabrielle was pretty much raised as a Believer, that is what they call themselves. Gabrielle always had visions which the community embraced, but she was afraid of, as they were not always happy visions. After one particular vision, they have to call in a 'worldly' doctor, he even has to stay in their community for a while. She finds herself attracted to him and he is attracted to her. Yes, eventually she has to decide weather to follow her heart or to stay in the world in which she was raised.

I would recommend this book, it is the first in the Shaker series. It will pull you to where you want to learn more about the Shakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment