Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs - Review of the second book in A Tea Shop Mystery series

 
Gunpowder Green
Second book in A Tea Shop Mystery series
by Laura Childs

Theodosia Browning's life has calmed down since almost being killed a few months ago. Bethany has moved on but Drayton and Haley are still working for her at the Indigo Tea Shop and she has hired Miss Dimple to do her books a couple of days a week. They are planning several different types of tea parties including a Mystery Tea Party to increase business.

This murder takes place at White Point Gardens at the tip of Charleston's historic peninsula during the Isle of Palms Yacht Race. Oliver Dixon, along with his much younger wife of about two months, Doe Belvedere-Dixon were there and as Oliver shot the antique pistol when the winner crossed the line, he went down. He fell right on one of Theodosia's white table cloths. And so the sleuthing begins. I will say there are many persons of interest and that there is definetely only one guilty person, but three people are arrested, you figure it out.

I got more interested in this book than the first one and think I will probably get hooked on cozy mystery's. I think I'm comparing them to Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twin books that I read when I was younger, and that was a LONG time ago, and I would actually get scared as I was reading them sometimes. Now that I'm older I guess I don't 'scare' quite as easily. I think that I will still give this one an average review, the story was a little more captivating for me but I'm not quite all the way hooked yet. I will keep reading cozy's though.

No comments:

Post a Comment