Friday, September 26, 2014

The Buggy News by Sadie Palmer - Review



BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
(via Amazon.com)
When Samantha Schuster and Steven Mueller were courting, she loved the fact that they worked at the same restaurant because it meant they'd get to see each other more often. But ever since Steven broke her heart, having to run into him every day at work is like pouring salt into her wound. She knows she has to make a change as soon as possible.

That's when she stumbles on a job listing at the local Amish newspaper "The Buggy News." Immediately she thinks this could be her chance to start over. What she doesn't realize until after she gets the job is that the newspaper will test her strength and heart like never before. Does she have the faith to persevere and succeed, or has she just made the biggest mistake of her like?

NOTE:  This is a spin-off stand alone series featuring Isaac and Rebecca Schuster's daughter from "Amish Love Of A Lifetime."


MY REVIEW
I found this short story very interesting as I never thought an Amish girl could be a reporter, yet alone run a newspaper. Sadie brings you into Samantha's life and takes you through her thoughts quite nicely. I don't think I could even think about flirting with someone I was going to be working with after the experience she went through with Steven. You would have thought she'd learned her lesson so it was to her benefit that the object of her flirtation didn't choose to 'connect' with her. But did she really learn her lesson?

I was given this e-book so I could write an honest review if I wanted to. These thoughts are my honest feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment